Girl`s body found in bag on train in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: The body of a teenage girl was found in an unattended bag in a Mumbai-bound train in Uttar Pradesh Tuesday.
Panic prevailed in an AC coach of the Maharashtra Sampark Kranti Express after a large unattended bag was found underneath a seat.
The ticket collector informed the Government Railway Police (GRP) and the train was detained at the Mathura railway station for over two hours early Tuesday.
"The bomb squad first frisked the bag after which it was opened. The girl appears to be about 15 years old," GRP inspector Santosh Kumar said.
"The body is about two days old. Nothing has been recovered from the body or the bag. We will send the photographs to all the stations where the train stops to ascertain the identity of the girl," he added.
The train runs between Hazrat Nizamuddin in Delhi and Bandra in Mumbai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Read: What Salman Khan has to say about Akshay's 'Singh Is Bliing'