Girl`s body found in bag on train in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: The body of a teenage girl was found in an unattended bag in a Mumbai-bound train in Uttar Pradesh Tuesday.
Panic prevailed in an AC coach of the Maharashtra Sampark Kranti Express after a large unattended bag was found underneath a seat.
The ticket collector informed the Government Railway Police (GRP) and the train was detained at the Mathura railway station for over two hours early Tuesday.
"The bomb squad first frisked the bag after which it was opened. The girl appears to be about 15 years old," GRP inspector Santosh Kumar said.
"The body is about two days old. Nothing has been recovered from the body or the bag. We will send the photographs to all the stations where the train stops to ascertain the identity of the girl," he added.
The train runs between Hazrat Nizamuddin in Delhi and Bandra in Mumbai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video