Girls must carry blades, knives, chilli powder: Guj DGP
Ahmedabad: Gujarat’s Director General of Police S S Khandwawala on Wednesday advised females to carry chilli powder before venturing outside.
In a bid to sound protective towards the girls, he told them through the media to even take blades and knives with them to protect themselves from potential molesters.
His statement holds in the wake of increasing rape incidents. Off late there have been a few incidents of rape and molestation and such cases have seen a consistent rise in the country.
Earlier in the day, a woman in the Yavatmal district of Maharashtra was allegedly gangraped and is now struggling for life with 95% burns.
There is a serious need to curb gender crime and the DGP’s suggestion is very practical considering the prevailing scenario in the country.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India