Girls must carry blades, knives, chilli powder: Guj DGP
Ahmedabad: Gujarat’s Director General of Police S S Khandwawala on Wednesday advised females to carry chilli powder before venturing outside.
In a bid to sound protective towards the girls, he told them through the media to even take blades and knives with them to protect themselves from potential molesters.
His statement holds in the wake of increasing rape incidents. Off late there have been a few incidents of rape and molestation and such cases have seen a consistent rise in the country.
Earlier in the day, a woman in the Yavatmal district of Maharashtra was allegedly gangraped and is now struggling for life with 95% burns.
There is a serious need to curb gender crime and the DGP’s suggestion is very practical considering the prevailing scenario in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- NASA astronaut Jeff Williams' camera zooms in on alluring views of these two places! - See pics
- Nico Rosberg surprised to see teammate Lewis Hamilton finishing 3rd in Belgian GP
- See pic: Cassini captures delicate glow on Saturn's ring!
- Mamata urges people to oppose strike, government warns absentees of action
- India, Myanmar agree to increase bilateral cooperation