Girls must carry blades, knives, chilli powder: Guj DGP
Ahmedabad: Gujarat’s Director General of Police S S Khandwawala on Wednesday advised females to carry chilli powder before venturing outside.
In a bid to sound protective towards the girls, he told them through the media to even take blades and knives with them to protect themselves from potential molesters.
His statement holds in the wake of increasing rape incidents. Off late there have been a few incidents of rape and molestation and such cases have seen a consistent rise in the country.
Earlier in the day, a woman in the Yavatmal district of Maharashtra was allegedly gangraped and is now struggling for life with 95% burns.
There is a serious need to curb gender crime and the DGP’s suggestion is very practical considering the prevailing scenario in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 2,000 migrants rescued from Mediterranean: Italian coast guard
- Assam CM Sarbananda Sonowal along with a likely 10-member cabinet to take oath today
- Know how long Sonu Nigam sang on the streets for the ‘beggar’ video
- Know what Irrfan Khan has to say about Marathi blockbuster ‘Sairat’
- Louis van Gaal axed by Manchester United as Jose Mourinho waits in wings