Girls must carry blades, knives, chilli powder: Guj DGP
Ahmedabad: Gujarat’s Director General of Police S S Khandwawala on Wednesday advised females to carry chilli powder before venturing outside.
In a bid to sound protective towards the girls, he told them through the media to even take blades and knives with them to protect themselves from potential molesters.
His statement holds in the wake of increasing rape incidents. Off late there have been a few incidents of rape and molestation and such cases have seen a consistent rise in the country.
Earlier in the day, a woman in the Yavatmal district of Maharashtra was allegedly gangraped and is now struggling for life with 95% burns.
There is a serious need to curb gender crime and the DGP’s suggestion is very practical considering the prevailing scenario in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'