Given ready to take pay cut to join Aston Villla
London: Manchester City keeper Shay Given is ready to take a 25,000 pound-a-week pay cut to join Aston Villa.
Keeper Given, 35, is close to a four million pound move from Manchester City, but Villa is unwilling to match his whopping 80,000-pound weekly wages.
Villa``s top earners are all paid around 55,000 pound before bonuses and Given has been told that he can expect to join them, a newspapers reports.
Given, likely to agree a three-year deal this weekend, has fallen behind Joe Hart at Eastlands.
A close pal said: “Shay knows Villa will not pay the wages City do but this is a football decision and he wants to play.”
Villa is prepared for an improved 18 million pound bid from Liverpool for winger Stewart Downing. But sources insist they will stand firm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!