Given ready to take pay cut to join Aston Villla
London: Manchester City keeper Shay Given is ready to take a 25,000 pound-a-week pay cut to join Aston Villa.
Keeper Given, 35, is close to a four million pound move from Manchester City, but Villa is unwilling to match his whopping 80,000-pound weekly wages.
Villa``s top earners are all paid around 55,000 pound before bonuses and Given has been told that he can expect to join them, a newspapers reports.
Given, likely to agree a three-year deal this weekend, has fallen behind Joe Hart at Eastlands.
A close pal said: “Shay knows Villa will not pay the wages City do but this is a football decision and he wants to play.”
Villa is prepared for an improved 18 million pound bid from Liverpool for winger Stewart Downing. But sources insist they will stand firm.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata