Given ready to take pay cut to join Aston Villla
London: Manchester City keeper Shay Given is ready to take a 25,000 pound-a-week pay cut to join Aston Villa.
Keeper Given, 35, is close to a four million pound move from Manchester City, but Villa is unwilling to match his whopping 80,000-pound weekly wages.
Villa``s top earners are all paid around 55,000 pound before bonuses and Given has been told that he can expect to join them, a newspapers reports.
Given, likely to agree a three-year deal this weekend, has fallen behind Joe Hart at Eastlands.
A close pal said: “Shay knows Villa will not pay the wages City do but this is a football decision and he wants to play.”
Villa is prepared for an improved 18 million pound bid from Liverpool for winger Stewart Downing. But sources insist they will stand firm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?