GMR Industries Q1 loss at Rs 8 cr; Sankara Rao appointed ED
Mumbai: GMR Industries, the agri-business division of the GMR Group, on Tuesday reported a net loss of Rs 8.03 crore for the first quarter ended June 30, while it had a net profit of Rs 4.36 lakh in the corresponding period a year ago.
However, total income of the company rose to Rs 47.55 crore in the latest quarter of the current financial year (2009-10) from Rs 26.21 crore of the same period last year, GMR Industries said in a filing to the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE).
In a separate filing to the exchange, GMR Industries said that A Sankara Rao has been appointed its Executive Director with effect from August 1.
"The board of directors has appointed A Sankara Rao as Executive Director with effect from August 1 for a period of three years," it said.
Shares of GMR Industries were trading at Rs 87.80, down 0.96 percent in the morning trade on the BSE.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites
- Yakub Memon's last words before he was hanged - 'I pardon you'
- 'Idiots are lined up at every step': Young IAS officer's fight against sexual harassment