GMR Industries Q1 loss at Rs 8 cr; Sankara Rao appointed ED
Mumbai: GMR Industries, the agri-business division of the GMR Group, on Tuesday reported a net loss of Rs 8.03 crore for the first quarter ended June 30, while it had a net profit of Rs 4.36 lakh in the corresponding period a year ago.
However, total income of the company rose to Rs 47.55 crore in the latest quarter of the current financial year (2009-10) from Rs 26.21 crore of the same period last year, GMR Industries said in a filing to the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE).
In a separate filing to the exchange, GMR Industries said that A Sankara Rao has been appointed its Executive Director with effect from August 1.
"The board of directors has appointed A Sankara Rao as Executive Director with effect from August 1 for a period of three years," it said.
Shares of GMR Industries were trading at Rs 87.80, down 0.96 percent in the morning trade on the BSE.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video