GMR Infrastructure Q3 profit plunges 85% to Rs 9.2 cr
Mumbai: GMR Infrastructure on Friday posted nearly 85 percent decline in consolidated net profit at Rs 9.2 crore for the third quarter ended December 2009.
The company had a consolidated net profit (after tax and minority interest & share of profit) of Rs 61.29 crore in the October-December quarter last financial year, GMR Infra said in a filing to the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE).
However, the company`s consolidated net sales rose to Rs 1,066.72 crore during the third quarter of current fiscal from Rs 958.90 crore of the corresponding period a year earlier.
"In this quarter we have put in place catalysts that drives across sectors in time to come," GMR Infrastructure Group Chairman GM Rao said.
GMR Infra is a Bangalore-based infrastructure major with interests in airports, energy and highways.
On a standalone basis, GMR Infrastructure posted a net profit of Rs 1.84 crore during the three-month ended December against Rs 22.27 crore of the year-ago quarter.
Shares of GMR Infra fell 3.44 per cent and were quoting at Rs 59 in the morning trade on the BSE.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!