GMR Infrastructure Q3 profit plunges 85% to Rs 9.2 cr
Mumbai: GMR Infrastructure today posted nearly 85 percent decline in consolidated net profit at Rs 9.2 crore for the third quarter ended December 2009.
The company had a consolidated net profit (after tax and minority interest & share of profit) of Rs 61.29 crore in the October-December quarter last financial year, GMR Infra said in a filing to the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE).
However, the company`s consolidated net sales rose to Rs 1,066.72 crore during the third quarter of current fiscal from Rs 958.90 crore of the corresponding period a year earlier.
"In this quarter we have put in place catalysts that drives across sectors in time to come," GMR Infrastructure Group Chairman GM Rao said.
GMR Infra is a Bangalore-based infrastructure major with interests in airports, energy and highways.
On a standalone basis, GMR Infrastructure posted a net profit of Rs 1.84 crore during the three-month ended December against Rs 22.27 crore of the year-ago quarter.
Shares of GMR Infra fell 3.44 per cent and were quoting at Rs 59 in the morning trade on the BSE.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note