Goa Chief Minister Digambar Kamat resigns
Panaji: Goa Chief Minister Digambar Kamat
on Tuesday resigned following the humiliating defeat of Congress in
the assembly election.
Even as counting for two constituencies, Saligao and
Taleigao, was still on, Kamat met the Governor here and
submitted his resignation.
"I accept the verdict of the people and we are ready to
sit in the opposition," Kamat said.
The BJP-MGP coalition, which has won 22 seats in the
40-member House, is all set to form the government with
results of two assembly segments still awaited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan welcomes appointment of Urjit Patel as his successor
- French court suspends burkini ban after challenge
- Flipkart rejigs top order to 'simplify' organisation
- PM Modi announces task force to prepare action plan for next three Olympic Games
- US economic growth estimate for 2nd quarter cut to 1.1%