Goa: Cong manifesto likely to address land issues
Panaji: Congress` manifesto for the March 3
Goa Assembly polls is likely to address land issues and
promised creation of an agency that would train school drop-
outs in security and disaster management skills.
Union Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee is likely to
visit Goa to release the manifesto tomorrow, party sources
The manifesto is understood to have addressed the worries
about the real estate boom, and conversion of agricultural
land for other purposes. It promises that sale of agricultural
land would be permitted only if buyer is a farmer, possibly a
local, they said.
The manifesto might also assure of creation of Quality
Audit and Control Authority to keep a tab on the government
projects. "All the public assets would be audited by this
committee," a senior member of the draft committee said.
The manifesto also promises creation an agency that would
enroll school drop-outs and train them in security and
disaster management skills, the sources said.
It also recommends full financing of Goa university by
the state. The current cyber age scheme, under which computers
are given to students, would be replaced by "smart school"
scheme, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA