Goa polls: BJP showers promises in its manifesto
Panaji: Goa BJP on Sunday released its
manifesto, giving several promises, including reduction in the
prices of petrol by Rs 11 per litre and unemployment allowance
to citizens, once the party is elected to power in the state.
BJP chief spokesman Ravi Shankar Prasad, along with
local leaders released the manifesto, which contains several
promises, including affordable houses to all.
Leader of Opposition in Goa Manohar Parrikar said
that petrol prices would be reduced by Rs 11 per litre by
removing VAT with effect from April 2012.
The party also assured that housewives will be given
an allowance of Rs 1,000 per month to fight the price rise.
In its manifesto, the party has also assured that Rs
1 lakh would be deposited as `marriage expenses` in the bank
account of a girl, once she completes 18 years of age.
The Dayanand Social Security Scheme (DSS) pension has
been assured to increase from the existing Rs 1,000 per month
to Rs 2,000.
Touching upon the much-controversial issue of mining
issue, the party has assured that 60 per cent of the mining
royalty will be spent on the development of infrastructure and
The party has assured dedicated mining corridors in
Sanguem, Quepem talukas within 30 months.
BJP has assured construction of 11 new bridges,
including six-lane new Zuari bridge, sewage solution for
entire Goa within six months.
The party in its manifesto has assured unemployment
allowance of Rs 3,000 to Rs 4,500 per month under the minimum
employment assurance scheme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened