Goel claims Kalmadi has expelled him from CWG OC membership
New Delhi: BJP Member of Parliament Vijay Goel claimed that he has been expelled from the membership of 2010 Commonwealth Games Organising Committee, a development which has the potential to create a fresh controversy.
Goel, in an e-mail message to the media houses, claimed that OC Chairman Suresh Kalmadi decided to expel him when he tried to raise the issue of delay in Commonwealth Games preparation and accountability during the Annual General Body meeting of the OC here.
"After a heated exchange at the CWG meeting, Mr Suresh Kalmadi announces expulsion of Mr Vijay Goel from the Organising Committee of Games 2010," Goel`s office said in a release issued today.
"Mr Goel was not allowed to raise the issue of delay in preparation and accountability by the Chairman Mr Kalmadi on the grounds that Mr. Goel has already voiced it all before media and has also demonstrated in public. When Mr. Goel insisted on speaking Mr Kalmadi announced that he has decided to expel Mr Goel from Organising Committee," the release said.
None of the top OC members were available for their comments on the development. Repeated calls to OC chairman Kalmadi and vice-chairman Randhir Singh went unanswered.
Goel said being the Sports Minister when India won the bid to host the Games he has every right to raise the issue "on the apprehension in people that there is something foul in the CWG 2010 preparations".
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India