Gogoi owns property worth Rs 3.65 cr, assets worth Rs 35 lakh
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi who is contesting from Titabar Assembly constituency for the third time, is a crorepati owning immovable property worth Rs 3.65 crore and movable assets totalling over Rs 35 lakh.
According to his affidavit of March 15 filed with his nomination papers, Gogoi owns a 1817 sq ft flat at Vasant Kunj in New Delhi worth Rs 1.9 crore and a residential building measuring 2610 sq ft (approx) on a plot of land at Ajanta Path of Beltola area of Guwahati whose current market value is Rs 1.05 crore.
74-year-old Tarun Gogoi, who had not inherited any property, had purchased 14,400 sq feet piece of non-agricultural land at Beltola whose approximate
market value is Rs 70 lakh, according to his affidavit.
The Chief Minister with a total income of Rs 5,92,580, as shown in his income tax return for 2009-10, has movable assets of Rs 35.25 lakh including among others, Rs 14.77 lakh in the State Bank of India Guwahati branch, Rs 3.91 lakh in the
Indian Overseas Bank Daryaganj branch in New Delhi, Rs 11,920 in SBI Parliament Street branch in New Delhi.
He also has National Savings Certificates (NSC) of Rs 4.50 lakh, a demand draft of Rs three lakh in hand and Rs 29,248 cash in hand.
With no jewellery mentioned in his name, Gogoi`s affidavit states he owns a Honda City ZX car purchased in 2006 for Rs 8,65,992.
The Chief Minister has a loan liability of Rs 19,14,917 and his interest outstanding with the state government is Rs 1,68,153.
Gogoi has neither any case of conviction against him nor any pending cases against him in court, his affidavit stated.
With a BA degree from JB College in Jorhat in 1957, Gogoi passed his LLb from Gauhati University in 1963.
The Chief Minister`s wife Dolly, who is a housewife as mentioned in his affidavit, has an income of Rs 13,909 as per her income tax return for 2009-10, owns two plots each measuring 5760 sq ft at Beltola with a total market value of Rs 54 lakh.
She also has jewellery weighing 890 grams with a market value of Rs 18,97,480, a Swift ZXI car purchased in 2005 for Rs 5,43,262.
The affidavit also stated that she has 2000 equity shares of DLF Ltd with market value of Rs 4.56 lakh, NSCs of Rs 1.50 lakh, two LIC policies of Rs one lakh each.
Dolly Gogoi has Rs 3,76,682 in the Indian Overseas Bank Daryaganj New Delhi branch and Rs 1,60,949 in the SBI Parliament Street branch with Rs 9,985 cash in hand.
She has a loan liability of Rs one lakh, according to her husband`s affidavit.
Both the Chief Minister and his wife together showed dependents as `Nil` in the affidavit.
Gogoi, then MP from Koliabor and president of the APCC had successfully led the Congress to victory in 2001 defeating the regional Asom Gana Parishad (AGP) led by Prafulla Kumar Mahanta.
Within six months of becoming the chief minister for the first time, he won the Titabor constituency in a bye-election and again in 2006 for the second time when he became the Chief Minister for the second time.
Gogoi, a former union food processing minister, is contesting from Titabor this time for the third time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery