Gold regains Rs 17k level on fresh buying
Mumbai: Gold prices regained the Rs. 17,000—level in the national capital today on fresh buying by stockists and jewellery fabricators amid pick up in demand.
The precious metal, which dipped below Rs. 17,000 level four days ago, today rose by Rs 80 to trade at Rs. 17,040 per 10 gram on fresh buying for festivals like Christmas and New Year celebrations.
Marketmen said stockists and jewellery fabricators indulging in enlarging their positions on pick up in demand mainly pushed up both bullion prices.
Standard gold and ornaments rose by Rs. 80 each to Rs. 17,040 and Rs. 16,890 per ten gram respectively while sovereign held unchanged at Rs. 14,000 per piece of eight gram.
Silver ready and weekly based delivery also gained Rs. 100 each at Rs. 27,900 and Rs. 27,500 per kg.
However, silver coins continued to be traded around previous levels of Rs. 33,400 for buying and Rs. 33,500 for selling of 100 pieces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!