Gold rush continues for shooters in South Asian Games
Dhaka: Indian shooters continued to reign
supreme and clinched both the gold medals up for grabs in the
50m three position event of the 11th South Asian Games here
At the National Shooting Complex range, about 10km from
here, 15-year-old Tejaswini Muley was the star Indian
performer clinching both the gold medals, including the team
India also bagged a silver taking the shooters` tally to
17 gold, nine silver and four bronze medals on the penultimate
day of the shooting competition.
In the women`s 50m three position (3x20) individual
event, Tejaswini shot 568 out of 600 to reign supreme. Another
Indian Hema Khatri Chetri bagged the second place which was
determined in a shoot-off.
Chetri and local girl Sabrina Sultana were locked at
scores of 564 each. In the ensuing shoot-off with five bullets
each, Hema shot 47.2 to pip Sabrina for the silver medal.
A cumulative score of 1687 by Tejaswini, Hema and Anuja
Jung (555) earned India the second successive gold in the team
event of 50m three position.
Bangladesh (1669) and Sri Lanka (1654) took the silver
and bronze medals respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket explodes minutes after Florida launch
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional