Google confirms: Beatles are `bigger than Jesus`
London: The Beatles have surpassed Jesus in terms of popularity on the Google search engine.
An analysis of search terms showed more people searched for the band on Google than the son of God during September.
The group’s popularity maybe linked to the re-release of all of their digitally-remastered albums, along with the release of the video game The Beatles Rock Band, reports the Telegraph.
Interestingly, late Beatle John Lennon may be said to be having the last laugh more than forty years after he came under fire for alleging that the rockers were bigger than Jesus.
The musician was slammed by Christians in March 1966 when he told the Evening Standard: "I do not know what will go first, rock `n` roll or Christianity … we`re more popular than Jesus now".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city