Google confirms: Beatles are `bigger than Jesus`
London: The Beatles have surpassed Jesus in terms of popularity on the Google search engine.
An analysis of search terms showed more people searched for the band on Google than the son of God during September.
The group’s popularity maybe linked to the re-release of all of their digitally-remastered albums, along with the release of the video game The Beatles Rock Band, reports the Telegraph.
Interestingly, late Beatle John Lennon may be said to be having the last laugh more than forty years after he came under fire for alleging that the rockers were bigger than Jesus.
The musician was slammed by Christians in March 1966 when he told the Evening Standard: "I do not know what will go first, rock `n` roll or Christianity … we`re more popular than Jesus now".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan