Google Q3 profits jump 27% to $1.64 bn
New York: Internet search engine giant
Google has reported a 27 percent growth in net income at USD
1.64 billion for the third quarter on the back of higher
The company had a net income of USD 1.29 billion in
July-September last year, Google said in a statement.
Google registered revenues of USD 5.94 billion for the
quarter under review, an increase of 7 percent over that in
the third quarter of 2008.
"Google had a strong quarter -- we saw seven per cent
year-over-year revenue growth despite the tough economic
conditions. While there is a lot of uncertainty about the pace
of economic recovery, we believe the worst of the recession is
behind us and now feel confident about investing heavily in
our future," Google CEO Eric Schmidt said.
Google-owned sites contributed 67 percent to the total
revenues, generating USD 3.96 billion in the third quarter
against USD 3.67 billion in the same period last fiscal.
The company`s partner sites generated revenues, through
AdSense programmes, of USD 1.80 billion in the third quarter,
a 7 percent increase same period last year.
Google reports its revenues, consistent with GAAP, on a
gross basis without deducting traffic acquisition costs (TAC).
In the third quarter of 2009, TAC totalled USD 1.56 billion,
or 27 percent of advertising revenues.
Traffic acquisition costs, the portion of revenues shared
with Google`s partners, increased to USD 1.56 billion in the
third quarter of 2009, compared to TAC of USD 1.5 billion in
the year-ago period.
Search engine giant`s revenues from markets outside the
US totalled USD 3.14 billion, representing 53 of total
revenues in the third quarter of 2009.
The company`s revenue from pad clicks which include
clicks related to ads served on Google sites and the sites of
our AdSense partners, increased about 14 percent over the
third quarter of 2008.
As of September 30, 2009, cash, cash equivalents, and
short-term marketable securities were USD 22 billion.
During the quarter, Google has reduced its workforce by
121 people across the world to 19,665 employees as of
September 30, 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal