Gordon Brown weak, unstable: US diplomats told Obama
London: US diplomats had described Britain`s former prime minister Gordon Brown and his government as weak and unstable in secret briefings to US President Barack Obama, which could be revealed in Wikileaks` latest disclosures, a media report said.
Daily Express on Sunday quoted Downing Street sources as saying that the imminent release of diplomatic files by the WikiLeaks website would prove "highly embarrassing" to Brown.
"We don`t think there will be much about the coalition government. There might be some slightly embarrassing things about David Cameron`s time in opposition but it will be nothing compared with what was said about Brown.”
"The diplomatic cables were more about Labour. Brown was seen as paranoid and weak and unstable. These files are going to be embarrassing for him," the Downing Street source was quoted as saying.
US State Department officials are concerned that the release of such sensitive files could damage relations with their allies, the media report said.
WikiLeaks is expected to release millions of assessments of foreign leaders and foreign policies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday