Gordon Brown weak, unstable: US diplomats told Obama
London: US diplomats had described Britain`s former prime minister Gordon Brown and his government as weak and unstable in secret briefings to US President Barack Obama, which could be revealed in Wikileaks` latest disclosures, a media report said.
Daily Express on Sunday quoted Downing Street sources as saying that the imminent release of diplomatic files by the WikiLeaks website would prove "highly embarrassing" to Brown.
"We don`t think there will be much about the coalition government. There might be some slightly embarrassing things about David Cameron`s time in opposition but it will be nothing compared with what was said about Brown.”
"The diplomatic cables were more about Labour. Brown was seen as paranoid and weak and unstable. These files are going to be embarrassing for him," the Downing Street source was quoted as saying.
US State Department officials are concerned that the release of such sensitive files could damage relations with their allies, the media report said.
WikiLeaks is expected to release millions of assessments of foreign leaders and foreign policies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news