Govt approves 6 new SEZ proposals
New Delhi: The government on Tuesday approved six
proposals for setting up of special economic zones, including
that of gems and jewellery SEZ by Delhi State Industrial and
Infrastructure Development Corporation Ltd.
The Board of Approval (BoA) in the Commerce Ministry also
gave in-principle approval (without the required land) to two
proposals, including that of Sterlite Industries (India) Ltd
for copper SEZ in Tuticorin, Tamil Nadu, an official statement
In total, 10 new SEZ proposals were considered by the
BoA, which met here on Tuesday.
The BoA gave its nod to two proposals of Delhi State
Industrial and Infrastructure Development Corporation Ltd. The
Corporation had requested for an IT SEZ and gems and jewellery
SEZ at Baprola in New Delhi.
Lanco Solar Pvt Ltd got approval for solar tax-free
enclave, which would be set up in Cuttak, Orissa.
The government approves the IT/ITeS tax-free zone of
Uralungal Labour Contract Cooperative Society Ltd at
Kozhikode, Kerala, and Empire Industries Ltd`s SEZ at Thane,
So far 570 formal approvals have been granted for setting
up of SEZs, of which 346 have been notified, the statement
said, adding that over Rs 1,30,341 crore have been invested in
During the first half of current financial year, export
of Rs 89,750.75 crore has been made from SEZs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Is it Hardik Patel in this viral MMS Sex Video?