Govt has taken steps to safeguard sensitive information: Pilot
New Delhi: In the wake of series of leaks of
official US documents by WikiLeaks, the government on Friday said
it was aware of the threats to digital information and has
taken appropriate steps to safeguard sensitive information.
Minister of State for Communications and IT informed the
Rajya Sabha in a written reply that the government has taken
various measures to protect the secrecy of digital files.
Pilot`s written reply came in response to a query on
whether the government is confident in protecting the secrecy
of its digital files in the light of the leakage of sensitive
information in other countries, including the United States.
Pilot said that the government has issued computer
security guidelines to ministries to protect IT infrastructure
assets and maintain confidentiality of classified digital data
Ministries and departments have been advised to carry
out their information technology systems audit regularly,
Besides, Pilot added that the National Informatics
Centres, is continuously strengthening the networks operated
by them to defend against the newer attack techniques.
WikiLeaks, an international new media non-profit
organisation that publishes submissions of otherwise
unavailable documents from anonymous news sources, had shaken
the world by disclosing a trove of confidential US diplomatic
cables last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation