Govt has taken steps to safeguard sensitive information: Pilot
New Delhi: In the wake of series of leaks of
official US documents by WikiLeaks, the government on Friday said
it was aware of the threats to digital information and has
taken appropriate steps to safeguard sensitive information.
Minister of State for Communications and IT informed the
Rajya Sabha in a written reply that the government has taken
various measures to protect the secrecy of digital files.
Pilot`s written reply came in response to a query on
whether the government is confident in protecting the secrecy
of its digital files in the light of the leakage of sensitive
information in other countries, including the United States.
Pilot said that the government has issued computer
security guidelines to ministries to protect IT infrastructure
assets and maintain confidentiality of classified digital data
Ministries and departments have been advised to carry
out their information technology systems audit regularly,
Besides, Pilot added that the National Informatics
Centres, is continuously strengthening the networks operated
by them to defend against the newer attack techniques.
WikiLeaks, an international new media non-profit
organisation that publishes submissions of otherwise
unavailable documents from anonymous news sources, had shaken
the world by disclosing a trove of confidential US diplomatic
cables last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack