Govt is committed to modernise police force: Jayant Patil
Amravati: Maharashtra Government is
committed to modernise the state police to avoid recurrence of
incidents like 26/11 and for this it has decided to provide
all necessary facilities to the police, state Home Minister
Jayant Patil said here on Friday.
The government has taken steps to modernise police so
that they do not lag behind their counterparts in other parts
of the world, Patil said during a function.
"In view of this, we are studying the policies and
techniques of all the top police forces in the world and have
started providing modern facilities to our cops," he said.
"It is our duty to provide all the facilities to the men
who work for maintaining law and order and hence, the
government has started a housing scheme for the policemen
which will be equipped with schools and other facilities," the
Home minister said.
"The government has started to provide modern sea-training
to 500 cops so that terrorists do not enter our territories by
any way and if incidents like 26/11 repeats, these personnel
will be the first to reach the spot," Patil said.
"We have made ready 230-280 force-I jawans through a
modified training, who will reach in any corner of the state
whenever problems would arise," he added.
Patil said that the Government has decided to provide all
modern weapons, which have been developed around the world in
last few years, to police to make it the best in the world.
"We are trying to study the main strategy of America and
England for preventing recurrence of terrorist attacks and
trying to develop those strategies," he asserted.
The minister conceded that the Government has availed Rs
2,000 crore for expediting the incomplete power projects as
the state is facing power shortage.
Maharashtra will be load-shedding free by 2010-11, he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing