Govt is committed to modernise police force: Jayant Patil
Amravati: Maharashtra Government is
committed to modernise the state police to avoid recurrence of
incidents like 26/11 and for this it has decided to provide
all necessary facilities to the police, state Home Minister
Jayant Patil said here on Friday.
The government has taken steps to modernise police so
that they do not lag behind their counterparts in other parts
of the world, Patil said during a function.
"In view of this, we are studying the policies and
techniques of all the top police forces in the world and have
started providing modern facilities to our cops," he said.
"It is our duty to provide all the facilities to the men
who work for maintaining law and order and hence, the
government has started a housing scheme for the policemen
which will be equipped with schools and other facilities," the
Home minister said.
"The government has started to provide modern sea-training
to 500 cops so that terrorists do not enter our territories by
any way and if incidents like 26/11 repeats, these personnel
will be the first to reach the spot," Patil said.
"We have made ready 230-280 force-I jawans through a
modified training, who will reach in any corner of the state
whenever problems would arise," he added.
Patil said that the Government has decided to provide all
modern weapons, which have been developed around the world in
last few years, to police to make it the best in the world.
"We are trying to study the main strategy of America and
England for preventing recurrence of terrorist attacks and
trying to develop those strategies," he asserted.
The minister conceded that the Government has availed Rs
2,000 crore for expediting the incomplete power projects as
the state is facing power shortage.
Maharashtra will be load-shedding free by 2010-11, he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands