Govt may allow Cairn to sell Rajasthan crude to pvt refiners
Barmer (Rajasthan): The government may allow private refiners like Reliance Industries Ltd, Essar Oil to buy Cairn India`s Rajasthan crude, if the public sector firms do not buy the entire output from the field.
Cairn CEO Rahur Dhir said, "As we ramp up production, the government will be able to nominate buyers."
The government has nominated buyers for Cairn`s initial production for next few months and when the Mangla oil field reaches peak output of 1,25,000 bpd more buyers will be nominated.
"We have not curtailed production because of lack of buyers," Dhir added.
IOC and MRPL have been allocated 0.20 million tonnes each in 2009-10, while HPCL would offtake 0.30 million tonnes of Rajasthan crude.
But in the next fiscal, the offtake by the state refiner would be far less than the production from Rajasthan.
In 2010-11, IOC would buy 1.5 million tonnes of the crude, while MRPL would double its offtake to 0.40 million tonnes. HPCL would take 0.50 million tonnes next fiscal.
Against the total committed offtake of 2.4 million tones, the
output would be over 6.2 million tonnes.
DGH Director General VK Sibal said selling to private
refiners has been recommended.
"We have agreed that they (Cairn) can sell to private
refineries," Sibal said.
RIL and Essar Oil have both have sought between 30,000
bpd to 60,000 bpd of cairn crude each for processing at their
refineries in Gujarat.
A pipeline being laid to take the Barmer crude to Gujarat
coast passing very close to the two companies refineries in
Jamnagar in Gujarat.
Mangala field will hit peak output of 1,25,000 bpd (6.25
million tonnes) in the first half of 2010 and together with
Bhagyam and Aishwarya, the production will top 1,75,000 bpd
(8.75 million tonnes a year) in 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Kangana Ranaut steals the show!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- rajresults.nic.in RBSE Rajasthan Board BSER Class 12th Science and Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly