Govt may complete FY10 borrowing by Feb end: Official
New Delhi: The government may complete its record Rs 4.51 trillion borrowing plan for FY10 by the end of February, a Finance Ministry official said on Tuesday.
The government may reduce the size of its weekly auctions to an initial Rs 100 billion in the second half of the current fiscal year ending March 2010, the official, who did not wish to named, told reporters.
The government`s cash position is satisfactory now and there is no need to issue cash management bills in the near future, the official said.
Of the total Rs 4.51-trillion target, Rs 2.99 trillion is scheduled to be borrowed before the end of September.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire