Govt may complete FY10 borrowing by Feb end: Official
New Delhi: The government may complete its record Rs 4.51 trillion borrowing plan for FY10 by the end of February, a Finance Ministry official said on Tuesday.
The government may reduce the size of its weekly auctions to an initial Rs 100 billion in the second half of the current fiscal year ending March 2010, the official, who did not wish to named, told reporters.
The government`s cash position is satisfactory now and there is no need to issue cash management bills in the near future, the official said.
Of the total Rs 4.51-trillion target, Rs 2.99 trillion is scheduled to be borrowed before the end of September.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi