Govt may complete FY10 borrowing by Feb end: Official
New Delhi: The government may complete its record Rs 4.51 trillion borrowing plan for FY10 by the end of February, a Finance Ministry official said on Tuesday.
The government may reduce the size of its weekly auctions to an initial Rs 100 billion in the second half of the current fiscal year ending March 2010, the official, who did not wish to named, told reporters.
The government`s cash position is satisfactory now and there is no need to issue cash management bills in the near future, the official said.
Of the total Rs 4.51-trillion target, Rs 2.99 trillion is scheduled to be borrowed before the end of September.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country