Govt may complete FY10 borrowing by Feb end: Official
New Delhi: The government may complete its record Rs 4.51 trillion borrowing plan for FY10 by the end of February, a Finance Ministry official said on Tuesday.
The government may reduce the size of its weekly auctions to an initial Rs 100 billion in the second half of the current fiscal year ending March 2010, the official, who did not wish to named, told reporters.
The government`s cash position is satisfactory now and there is no need to issue cash management bills in the near future, the official said.
Of the total Rs 4.51-trillion target, Rs 2.99 trillion is scheduled to be borrowed before the end of September.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- India, Bangladesh enclave residents get freedom after 68 years