Govt may complete FY10 borrowing by Feb end: Official
New Delhi: The government may complete its record Rs 4.51 trillion borrowing plan for FY10 by the end of February, a Finance Ministry official said on Tuesday.
The government may reduce the size of its weekly auctions to an initial Rs 100 billion in the second half of the current fiscal year ending March 2010, the official, who did not wish to named, told reporters.
The government`s cash position is satisfactory now and there is no need to issue cash management bills in the near future, the official said.
Of the total Rs 4.51-trillion target, Rs 2.99 trillion is scheduled to be borrowed before the end of September.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'