Govt offers Rs 3.8 bln in subsidy for wind power
Mumbai: The government would offer Rs 3.8 billion in generation-based subsidies to wind power projects feeding power into the national grid, the ministry of new and renewable energy said on Thursday.
The subsidies are earmarked for developers till 2012, the ministry said in a statement.
Wind power projects will be given 50 paise per unit of power fed into the power grid with a ceiling of Rs 6.2 million per MW for a minimum 4 years and maximum 10 years, the ministry added.
The subsidies will be applicable to projects of up to 4,000 MW and detailed guidelines will be issued later, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details