Govt offers Rs 3.8 bln in subsidy for wind power
Mumbai: The government would offer Rs 3.8 billion in generation-based subsidies to wind power projects feeding power into the national grid, the ministry of new and renewable energy said on Thursday.
The subsidies are earmarked for developers till 2012, the ministry said in a statement.
Wind power projects will be given 50 paise per unit of power fed into the power grid with a ceiling of Rs 6.2 million per MW for a minimum 4 years and maximum 10 years, the ministry added.
The subsidies will be applicable to projects of up to 4,000 MW and detailed guidelines will be issued later, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing