Govt offers Rs 3.8 bln in subsidy for wind power
Mumbai: The government would offer Rs 3.8 billion in generation-based subsidies to wind power projects feeding power into the national grid, the ministry of new and renewable energy said on Thursday.
The subsidies are earmarked for developers till 2012, the ministry said in a statement.
Wind power projects will be given 50 paise per unit of power fed into the power grid with a ceiling of Rs 6.2 million per MW for a minimum 4 years and maximum 10 years, the ministry added.
The subsidies will be applicable to projects of up to 4,000 MW and detailed guidelines will be issued later, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH