Govt offers Rs 3.8 bln in subsidy for wind power
Mumbai: The government would offer Rs 3.8 billion in generation-based subsidies to wind power projects feeding power into the national grid, the ministry of new and renewable energy said on Thursday.
The subsidies are earmarked for developers till 2012, the ministry said in a statement.
Wind power projects will be given 50 paise per unit of power fed into the power grid with a ceiling of Rs 6.2 million per MW for a minimum 4 years and maximum 10 years, the ministry added.
The subsidies will be applicable to projects of up to 4,000 MW and detailed guidelines will be issued later, it added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory