Govt revises direct tax collection target for 2009-10
New Delhi: The Finance Minister Tuesday revised the direct tax collection target for the current fiscal to Rs 4 lakh crore, sources said.
Commenting on the revised target, Central Board of Direct Taxes Chairman SS N Murthy said, "This is an aspiration we will try to achieve it (revised target)."
Earlier in the day, speaking at the annual conference of chief commissioners and directors general of Income Tax, Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee had exuded confidence that
the budgetary target of Rs 3.7 lakh crore for the current fiscal will be surpassed.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India