Govt to complete 3G auction by March end: Raja
New Delhi: The government today said radiowave auctions for third generation mobile phone services, or 3G, will be completed by end of March.
"The government is very keen to complete the 3G auction process well within the financial year (March 31, 2010),"
Telecom and IT Minister A Raja told reporters on the sidelines of an event.
He said the notice inviting application for the 3G auction is likely to come out this week.
Auction for four slots of spectrum was to take place on January 14, but differences with the Finance Ministry over payment schedule and defence ministry over spectrum release has delayed the process.
Finance ministry is expecting Rs 35,000 crore (Rs 350 billion) from the 3G spectrum auction and the proceeds will be used to bridge the fiscal deficit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Cara Delevingne, Amber Heard turned away from strip club
- Obama promises aid to help Louisiana fully recover from flooding
- US investigating non-travel Zika case in new area in Florida
- Funny video alert! Nana Patekar’s ‘Beat Pe Booty’ mashup is hilarious
- Awwdorable photo alert! Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput and her baby bump