Govt to complete 3G auction by March end: Raja
New Delhi: The government today said radiowave auctions for third generation mobile phone services, or 3G, will be completed by end of March.
"The government is very keen to complete the 3G auction process well within the financial year (March 31, 2010),"
Telecom and IT Minister A Raja told reporters on the sidelines of an event.
He said the notice inviting application for the 3G auction is likely to come out this week.
Auction for four slots of spectrum was to take place on January 14, but differences with the Finance Ministry over payment schedule and defence ministry over spectrum release has delayed the process.
Finance ministry is expecting Rs 35,000 crore (Rs 350 billion) from the 3G spectrum auction and the proceeds will be used to bridge the fiscal deficit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Anushka Sharma slaps ‘Sultan’ Salman Khan?