Govt to cut fiscal deficit to 3% after FY12: Pranab
New Delhi: The government will bring down its fiscal deficit to 3 percent of gross domestic product after fiscal year 2011/12, Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee told parliament on Tuesday.
The deficit is set to widen to 6.8 percent in the current fiscal year to March 2010, after tax cuts and stimulus spending.
Mukherjee said this level of deficit was "unsustainable" and it would be reduced to 5.5 percent in fiscal year 2010/11 and to 4 percent in 2011/12.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider