Govt to cut fiscal deficit to 3% after FY12: Pranab
New Delhi: The government will bring down its fiscal deficit to 3 percent of gross domestic product after fiscal year 2011/12, Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee told parliament on Tuesday.
The deficit is set to widen to 6.8 percent in the current fiscal year to March 2010, after tax cuts and stimulus spending.
Mukherjee said this level of deficit was "unsustainable" and it would be reduced to 5.5 percent in fiscal year 2010/11 and to 4 percent in 2011/12.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- 'Quality health care must for India'
- Bombay HC allows women to enter inner sanctum of Haji Ali Dargah; activists hail 'momentous' verdict
- Pakistan's Sami Aslam reveals why he always recalls these words from Sachin Tendulkar's retirement speech
- Subramanian Swamy fires fresh salvo at Raghuram Rajan, claims he has no degree in economics
- Dwayne Bravo all set to make singing debut in Bollywood! - Details inside