Govt to cut fiscal deficit to 3% after FY12: Pranab
New Delhi: The government will bring down its fiscal deficit to 3 percent of gross domestic product after fiscal year 2011/12, Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee told parliament on Tuesday.
The deficit is set to widen to 6.8 percent in the current fiscal year to March 2010, after tax cuts and stimulus spending.
Mukherjee said this level of deficit was "unsustainable" and it would be reduced to 5.5 percent in fiscal year 2010/11 and to 4 percent in 2011/12.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report