Govt to set up group to address concerns of FIIs: Finance Secy
New Delhi: The government on Wednesday decided to constitute a group of regulators to address the concerns of foreign institutional investors (FIIs) and suggest procedural simplification.
"A group will be set up of the regulators and government agencies to address their (FIIs) issues," Finance Secretary Ashok Chawla told reporters after a meeting of the Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee with the representatives of FIIs and financial institutions (FIs).
On their concerns on taxation, especially the capital gains tax, he said, "They should send their comment (on the Direct Taxes Code). That will be taken into consideration."
In their meeting with Mukherjee, FIIs and financial institutions also raised issues with regard to the Securities Transaction Tax (STT) and procedures, Chawla said, adding, "We also discussed ways to strengthen secondary and bond markets."
Noting that FIIs continued to remain bullish on India, he said, the Minister in his meeting with them tried to get their perception on investment climate in the country and the difficulties faced by them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy