Govt to spend Rs 20 crore on foreign coaches for London 2012
New Delhi: The Union Government will be
spending to the tune of Rs 20 crore for roping in the services
of 28 foreign support staff in various disciplines keeping an
eye on next year`s London Olympics.
According to detailed report prepared by the Ministry of
Sports, the amount spent on coach`s salary will be around 7.7
percent (approx) of the total expenditure of Rs 258.9 crores
planned for the next 400 days upto the quadrennial
Special emphasis has been given on athletics with
specialists being employed in middle-distance, sprints,
high-jump, walking along with recovery experts and masseuse.
Among the notable foreign coaches are gymnastics coach
Vladimir Chertkov who will be paid the USD 6875 per month
(3.06 lakh per month). After US coach Chertkov, there are a
few coaches in the USD 6000 (Rs 2.67 lakh per month) bracket.
They are Nikolai Snasarev (middle-distance coach),
athletics recovery expert Andrei Filimonau, shooting coaches
(Rifles) Stanislas Lapidus and (pistols) Alexander Malentiev.
Sprint coach Iurii Ogorodinik will be paid USD 5400 per
month (Rs 2.41 lakh) while the other sprint coach Dmytro
Vanyaikin will be drawing USD 4200 (Rs 1.87 lakh) per month.
Two other athetics coaches Alexander Artsybashev and
Anatoli Varda will be receiving USD 4000 (Rs 1.78 lakh) and
USD 4500 (Rs 2 lakh) respectively.
Ukrainian high-jump coach Levgen Nikitin will be getting
USD 4500 (Rs 2 lakh) per month while masseuse Elena Buldova
will be paid USD 2000 (Rs 89,000).
For the Judokas, Sergeiy Saveliev from Belarus will be
paid USD 3000 (Rs 1.33 lakh).
The National Rifle Association of India`s proposal to
have Fedorchenko Anatoily of Russia as the Gun Smith for
shooting at a salary of USD 2000 (Rs 89,000) was also
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Child critically injured as crude bomb explodes in Kolkata
- Indian govt signs historic Naga peace accord with NSCN(I-M)
- Delhi HC issues notice to Kejriwal govt on advertisement expenses
- Allahabad: Controversy over bar owner's appointment as Mahamandaleshwar
- FTII students stage protest at Jantar Mantar in Delhi
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites