Govt will keep vigil on fake human rights outfits
Puducherry: Puducherry Chief Minister N Rangasamy told the assembly that the government would keep vigil on the activities of those organisations claiming to be champions of human rights and ascertain their bona fides.
He said that no section of people should face harassment by the `bogus organisations`.
Raising the issue Ohm Sakthi Segar (AIADM) said there had been mushrooming of committees, associations and organisations in the garb of fighting for human rights.
"There are organisations whose functionaries had already been facing criminal cases and were extracting money from various sections holding out threats" he said urging the government to keep a close watch and ban the `bogus and fake outfits`.
A Anbalagan (AIADMK) said the government should follow strict measures to rein in such bogus units.
Chief Minister said that the government would adopt certain guidelines to evaluate the merits of the human rights outfits here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?