GPP wants Modi to apologise for Sidhu`s remark
Rajkot: Gujarat Parivartan Party (GPP) on Monday demanded that Chief Minister Narendra Modi should apologise for BJP leader Navjot Singh Sidhu`s controversial remark against its president and former chief minister Keshubhai Patel.
"Keshubhai Patel is the most respected leader in Gujarat politics and Sidhu`s remark has not only hurt GPP but the people of whole Gujarat and for that Modi should tender an apology as Sidhu is campaigning here on his invitation," GPP general secretary Gordhan Zadaphia said.
He also informed that the party was contemplating legal action in the matter.
"People of Gujarat will not tolerate such remarks and GPP is taking legal advice to move appropriate courts", he said.
While campaigning for BJP`s Kanubhai Bhalala in Visavadar constituency last week, Sidhu said that "Keshubhai Patel is a "traitor" and giving vote to him is like eating "beef".
Zadafia said that "if our CM has guts, then he should make those comments himself instead of shielding behind Sidhu,".
Meanwhile GPP workers today burnt Navjot Sidhu`s effigy here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH