Grand Slam pressure doesn`t worry Wozniacki
Doha: Caroline Wozniacki is not too worried
about a Grand Slam title missing from her already impressive
list of achievements, saying she has plenty of years ahead of
her as a player.
"I would like to win any of the Grand Slams. Of course,
again, I go into a tournament and I want to win it. I do my
best. I`m just trying to keep improving, and hopefully my time
will come," the Danish world number one said on Monday.
"We have to see at the end of the year if I`ve won one or
not," she said when prodded if that was her goal for 2011.
"If I have, it`s fantastic. If not, it`s not a disaster.
It`s okay. I still have hopefully a lot of years ahead of me."
Fresh from her win at the Dubai Open on Sunday, Wozniacki
is targeting her second straight title in the Gulf at the
Qatar Open which is making a comeback on the regular WTA
calendar after a two-year break.
"I think I played very well in Dubai. I`m very happy
about my performance, and I think I can be proud of the week I
had. I definitely think I`ve improved and I still improve and
I`m just enjoying myself out there.”
"I`m a little bit tired, but we just arrived late last
night. So I`m a bit tired right now, but I`ll be fine in a few
Wozniacki has a tough draw in Qatar. but claimed she
never bothers about the draw during tournaments.
"To be honest, I don`t know, because I haven`t looked at
the draw. I never look at the draw. I know that I have a bye
in the first round. That`s always handy. I like to play the
bye; I`m sure that I win!"
The first-ever world number one from Denmark had lost her
top ranking to Kim Clijsters for a week, but reclaimed it in
Dubai last week which earned her a congratulatory Tweet from
"Well, I have a lot of friends on the tour, and the girls
are nice. Of course we compete against each other on the
court, but off the court we`re friends. There is no hard
The challenge for Wozniacki in Doha could come from world
number three Vera Zvonareva, Italian world number five
Francesca Schiavone and Chinese world number seven Li Na, who
beat her in the Australian Open.
Wozniacki dismissed suggestions that with players like
Serena Williams, Clijsters and Maria Sharapova not playing in
Doha, the tournament has lost a bit of its appeal
"I think there is a lot of great players here. I think
it`s a very strong field, and I think nothing is going to be
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Sensex logs first rise in five sessions on earnings lift
- Goa SSC (Class 10) Examination Results 2016 to be declared on May 25: (goaresults.nic.in) GBSHSE 10th board results, Goa Board (GBSHSE) SSC (Class 10) Examination Results 2016
- Best of your sex life begins at 40!
- Cristiano Ronaldo confident of Champions League glory despite injury scare
- Goa University Examination Results announced