Green considering not playing for England
London: West Ham keeper Robert Green is thinking of quitting England after Ben Foster stepped down to focus on his club career with Birmingham.
The England team’s goalkeeping situation will be in turmoil if Green packs in before the Euro 2012 qualifier with Switzerland on June 4.
Green has not played for his country since his terrible mistake against the USA in the opening game at the 2010 World Cup.
His slip cost England victory and manager Fabio Capello has not put any faith in him since, a local daily reported.
Green expected to play a part in the recent friendly with Ghana but was left out.
Following the match, Green, 31, had discussions with the England coaching staff and told them he was quitting.
They tried to talk him out of it but there have been no further talks and no one in the Three Lions camp knows if Green will be available or not.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row