Green considering not playing for England
London: West Ham keeper Robert Green is thinking of quitting England after Ben Foster stepped down to focus on his club career with Birmingham.
The England team’s goalkeeping situation will be in turmoil if Green packs in before the Euro 2012 qualifier with Switzerland on June 4.
Green has not played for his country since his terrible mistake against the USA in the opening game at the 2010 World Cup.
His slip cost England victory and manager Fabio Capello has not put any faith in him since, a local daily reported.
Green expected to play a part in the recent friendly with Ghana but was left out.
Following the match, Green, 31, had discussions with the England coaching staff and told them he was quitting.
They tried to talk him out of it but there have been no further talks and no one in the Three Lions camp knows if Green will be available or not.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state