Green considering not playing for England
London: West Ham keeper Robert Green is thinking of quitting England after Ben Foster stepped down to focus on his club career with Birmingham.
The England team’s goalkeeping situation will be in turmoil if Green packs in before the Euro 2012 qualifier with Switzerland on June 4.
Green has not played for his country since his terrible mistake against the USA in the opening game at the 2010 World Cup.
His slip cost England victory and manager Fabio Capello has not put any faith in him since, a local daily reported.
Green expected to play a part in the recent friendly with Ghana but was left out.
Following the match, Green, 31, had discussions with the England coaching staff and told them he was quitting.
They tried to talk him out of it but there have been no further talks and no one in the Three Lions camp knows if Green will be available or not.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA