Green considering not playing for England
London: West Ham keeper Robert Green is thinking of quitting England after Ben Foster stepped down to focus on his club career with Birmingham.
The England team’s goalkeeping situation will be in turmoil if Green packs in before the Euro 2012 qualifier with Switzerland on June 4.
Green has not played for his country since his terrible mistake against the USA in the opening game at the 2010 World Cup.
His slip cost England victory and manager Fabio Capello has not put any faith in him since, a local daily reported.
Green expected to play a part in the recent friendly with Ghana but was left out.
Following the match, Green, 31, had discussions with the England coaching staff and told them he was quitting.
They tried to talk him out of it but there have been no further talks and no one in the Three Lions camp knows if Green will be available or not.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145