Guardiola could quit Barcelona after final: Cruyff
Madrid: Pep Guardiola could be tempted to leave Barcelona after the Champions League final against Manchester United whether they win or lose, former club coach Johan Cruyff said on Friday.
Guardiola, 40, has won nine trophies in three seasons since he took the helm of the Catalan club`s first team, including three consecutive La Liga titles, and could claim his second European Cup as coach on Saturday.
"Guardiola has worked very hard over the last few years and it wouldn`t surprise me if he left independently of Saturday`s result," Cruyff said.
"If he left, it would only be because it is very difficult to withstand certain pressures in the long term. For this reason I think he would take a year off."
When asked who he thought would be the ideal replacement should Guardiola step aside, Cruyff name former Dutch international striker Marco van Basten.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?