Guardiola could quit Barcelona after final: Cruyff
Madrid: Pep Guardiola could be tempted to leave Barcelona after the Champions League final against Manchester United whether they win or lose, former club coach Johan Cruyff said on Friday.
Guardiola, 40, has won nine trophies in three seasons since he took the helm of the Catalan club`s first team, including three consecutive La Liga titles, and could claim his second European Cup as coach on Saturday.
"Guardiola has worked very hard over the last few years and it wouldn`t surprise me if he left independently of Saturday`s result," Cruyff said.
"If he left, it would only be because it is very difficult to withstand certain pressures in the long term. For this reason I think he would take a year off."
When asked who he thought would be the ideal replacement should Guardiola step aside, Cruyff name former Dutch international striker Marco van Basten.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth