Guardiola doping case reopened by Italians
Rome: Barcelona coach Josep Guardiola`s acquittal over a 2001 drugs ban has been appealed by Italy`s anti-doping prosecutor, the country`s Olympic Committee (CONI) said on Friday.
The Italian soccer federation said in May Guardiola had won his appeal with its disciplinary body against a four-month ban for failing tests for nandrolone while a Brescia player in 2001.
CONI said in a statement the anti-doping prosecutor had appealed against that decision with a hearing due on Sept. 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj