Guardiola doping case reopened by Italians
Rome: Barcelona coach Josep Guardiola`s acquittal over a 2001 drugs ban has been appealed by Italy`s anti-doping prosecutor, the country`s Olympic Committee (CONI) said on Friday.
The Italian soccer federation said in May Guardiola had won his appeal with its disciplinary body against a four-month ban for failing tests for nandrolone while a Brescia player in 2001.
CONI said in a statement the anti-doping prosecutor had appealed against that decision with a hearing due on Sept. 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter