Guardiola doping case reopened by Italians
Rome: Barcelona coach Josep Guardiola`s acquittal over a 2001 drugs ban has been appealed by Italy`s anti-doping prosecutor, the country`s Olympic Committee (CONI) said on Friday.
The Italian soccer federation said in May Guardiola had won his appeal with its disciplinary body against a four-month ban for failing tests for nandrolone while a Brescia player in 2001.
CONI said in a statement the anti-doping prosecutor had appealed against that decision with a hearing due on Sept. 15.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living