Guardiola doping case reopened by Italians
Rome: Barcelona coach Josep Guardiola`s acquittal over a 2001 drugs ban has been appealed by Italy`s anti-doping prosecutor, the country`s Olympic Committee (CONI) said on Friday.
The Italian soccer federation said in May Guardiola had won his appeal with its disciplinary body against a four-month ban for failing tests for nandrolone while a Brescia player in 2001.
CONI said in a statement the anti-doping prosecutor had appealed against that decision with a hearing due on Sept. 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah