Guj, Centre trade charges over Narmada project
Ahmedabad: Gujarat government has hit out
at the Centre for not declaring the Narmada project as
national project despite the fact that it’s a multi-state and
Reacting to the Central government`s reply in the Rajya
Sabha yesterday regarding the Narmada project, the state
government Spokesperson and Health Minister Jaynarayan Vyas
said the Central government has ignored Narmada project.
In a written reply to a question in the Rajya Sabha, the
Central government had stated, "The state governments are
required to submit the proposals for inclusion of new projects
in the list of National Projects in prescribed format and as
per procedure prescribed in the guidelines."
"Accordingly, no proposal has been recieved from
government of Gujarat for declaring Sardar Sarovar project as
National Project," stated the Central government in the Rajya
Sabha as per official release.
However, the state government has reacted by saying,
"Does the government of India act only on proposals for
declaring projects as national projects?"
"I want to ask them that have they declared other
projects as national projects only after the proposals from
the respective states," asked Vyas, emphasising that the
Narmada project is a multi-state and multi-purpose project.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!