Guj polls: Keshubhai hits out at Modi over 3D camp
Ahmedabad: Targeting Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi over expenses incurred in his 3D campaign, Gujarat Parivartan Party president Keshubhai Patel Sunday alleged that public money was being spent on the BJP`s "illusionary campaign."
"Is Gujarat number one in doing illusionary campaign just like it is number one in `development`?" Patel asked.
Public money is being spent on advertisement campaigns by the ruling BJP, he alleged and added that the word `development` was being "misused" by the saffron party.
"Money is being spent on 3D campaigning, internet campaigning and unnecessary advertisements," Keshubhai alleged in his blog.
He was referring to Modi`s speech, which was recently telecast on specially erected screens in Ahmedabad, Vadodara, Rajkot and Surat with the help of 3D holographic technology and satellite link-ups.
The BJP leader had claimed that this was the first such election campaign anywhere in the world.
Keshubhai further said if Modi had done real development while he was CM for 4,000 days, then he would not have required to spend so much money on 3D campaigning.
He also raised doubts over how many legislators had provided solutions to the problems faced by the people.
In the Assembly, MLAs had to consult the Chief Minister before asking any questions, he claimed.
"It is time for people to teach such legislators a lesson by voting them out," Patel said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey