Gujarat Assembly elections 2012: BJP rebel MLA Kalsaria fields six candidates
Ahmedabad: BJP`s rebel MLA Kanubhai Kalsaria and five of his supporters on Friday filed nomination papers for Gujarat Assembly polls under the banner of recently-floated `Sadbhavana Manch`.
Kalsaria, a sitting MLA from Mahuva, is going to contest from Gariadhar in Bhavnagar district.
After launching a successful agitation against the state government`s nod to the Nirma Cement factory in Mahuva, Bhavnagar, Kalsaria floated his own outfit. He voted against BJP-supported candidate in the presidential election.
Others from the Manch who filed the nomination papers today were Shivrajsinh (Savarkundla), Narsinhbhai Chauhan (Rajula), Bharat Thakar (Mahuva), Dr Manharbhai Baldania (Talaja) and Prakash Patel (Choryasi).
Congress and Keshubhai Patel`s Gujarat Parivartan Party (GPP), with whom Dr Kalsaria was in talks for seat-sharing arrangement, have kept silent on whether they would support Kalsaria`s candidature. Tomorrow is the last day for filing of nominations for first phase of elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- When brave CRPF men put themselves between terrorists' bullets and colleagues in Pampore attack
- Egypt deports popular Lebanese political talk show host
- EgyptAir black box flight recorder has been repaired: Commission
- Osborne rules himself out of race to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- 'Subramanian Swamy will dent Modi's image, spook foreign investors'