Gujarat Assembly elections 2012: BJP rebel MLA Kalsaria fields six candidates
Ahmedabad: BJP`s rebel MLA Kanubhai Kalsaria and five of his supporters on Friday filed nomination papers for Gujarat Assembly polls under the banner of recently-floated `Sadbhavana Manch`.
Kalsaria, a sitting MLA from Mahuva, is going to contest from Gariadhar in Bhavnagar district.
After launching a successful agitation against the state government`s nod to the Nirma Cement factory in Mahuva, Bhavnagar, Kalsaria floated his own outfit. He voted against BJP-supported candidate in the presidential election.
Others from the Manch who filed the nomination papers today were Shivrajsinh (Savarkundla), Narsinhbhai Chauhan (Rajula), Bharat Thakar (Mahuva), Dr Manharbhai Baldania (Talaja) and Prakash Patel (Choryasi).
Congress and Keshubhai Patel`s Gujarat Parivartan Party (GPP), with whom Dr Kalsaria was in talks for seat-sharing arrangement, have kept silent on whether they would support Kalsaria`s candidature. Tomorrow is the last day for filing of nominations for first phase of elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees