Gujarat Assembly elections 2012: BJP rebel MLA Kalsaria fields six candidates
Ahmedabad: BJP`s rebel MLA Kanubhai Kalsaria and five of his supporters on Friday filed nomination papers for Gujarat Assembly polls under the banner of recently-floated `Sadbhavana Manch`.
Kalsaria, a sitting MLA from Mahuva, is going to contest from Gariadhar in Bhavnagar district.
After launching a successful agitation against the state government`s nod to the Nirma Cement factory in Mahuva, Bhavnagar, Kalsaria floated his own outfit. He voted against BJP-supported candidate in the presidential election.
Others from the Manch who filed the nomination papers today were Shivrajsinh (Savarkundla), Narsinhbhai Chauhan (Rajula), Bharat Thakar (Mahuva), Dr Manharbhai Baldania (Talaja) and Prakash Patel (Choryasi).
Congress and Keshubhai Patel`s Gujarat Parivartan Party (GPP), with whom Dr Kalsaria was in talks for seat-sharing arrangement, have kept silent on whether they would support Kalsaria`s candidature. Tomorrow is the last day for filing of nominations for first phase of elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened