Gujarat Assembly Elections 2012: Code violation complaint against Amit Shah
Ahmedabad: A complaint was filed on Sunday against BJP leader and former Gujarat minister Amit Shah for allegedly violating the model code of conduct by taking out a procession after the poll campaign deadline had ended.
Shah is contesting from Naranpura constituency here.
Gujarat Congress legal cell`s advocate Nikunj Ballar filed the complaint against the former Minister of State for Home with officials of Election Commission in Gandhinagar.
"Shah today led a group of supporters in Sola housing area here with drums and other fanfare without prior permission, which is a clear violation of code," he said.
"He has put up his election banners in some residential colonies without permission of residents," Ballar added.
Congress candidate from Naranpura Jitendra Patel also alleged that Shah had brought "muscle power" to threaten and pressurise voters.
Patel, who crossed over to Congress from BJP just before the announcement of the list of Congress candidates, was elected to the state Assembly in 2002, but was sidelined in 2007 because of his proximity to former Chief Minister Keshubhai Patel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- US presidential Donald Trump takes poll lead over Hillary Clinton
- Fan parks across eight cities to showcase IPL play-offs
- Sensex logs first rise in five sessions on earnings lift
- Goa SSC (Class 10) Examination Results 2016 to be declared on May 25: (goaresults.nic.in) GBSHSE 10th board results, Goa Board (GBSHSE) SSC (Class 10) Examination Results 2016
- Best of your sex life begins at 40!