Gujarat Assembly Elections 2012: Dissidence marks Congress ranks in Guj
Ahmedabad: Still smarting under senior party leader Narhari Amin`s dissidence ahead of the Assembly polls, Gujarat Congress received another jolt on Sunday when a former minister and a sitting MLA severed their ties with the party.
While the minister in erstwhile Congress government Ishwarsinh Chavda joined the BJP, buzz is that Surat district Congress president and Bardoli MLA Kunwarji Halpati may also follow the suit.
Confirming the developments, convener of BJP Media Cell Jagdish Bhavsar told PTI that "former minister Ishwarsinh Chavda today joined BJP while Kunwarji Halpati is expected to join the party on Tuesday."
Halpati was sulking since he was denied ticket by Congress to contest from Gandevi seat (ST) after his constituency Bardoli became a Scheduled Caste seat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days