Gujarat Assembly Elections 2012: LJP releases first list of 59 candidates
New Delhi: Ramvilas Paswan-led Lok Janshakti Party (LJP) on Saturday announced its first list of 59 candidates for the upcoming Gujarat Assembly polls.
Some more names will be declared soon for important seats in the state like Gandhinagar and Ahmedabad, LJP General Secretary Abdul Khaliq told PTI here.
"We have selected 59 candidates in the first list for Gujarat elections. The names of candidates for seats like Ahmedabad and Gandhinagar are under consideration and will be released shortly," Khaliq said.
The first list includes candidates for all regions of the state including Kutch, Saurashtra and Central Gujarat. The party has fielded Muslim candidates in areas where the community has significant presence.
Voting for the 182-member Gujarat Assembly will take place on December 13 and 17.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- The Pot Simmers: Beef Politics in UP; Beef Festival in Kerala