Gujarat Assembly Elections 2012: Narendra Modi declares over Rs 1 cr in assets
Ahmedabad: The value of assets owned by Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi has crossed the Rs 1 crore mark in 2012, from Rs 40 lakh five years ago, as per his affidavit accompanying the nomination papers for Assembly elections.
Modi filed the papers for Maninagar constituency here on Friday.
The value of the assets of the Gujarat CM stood at Rs 40 lakh in 2007. His assets at the time included a plot in Gandhinagar Sector-1, bought for Rs 1,30,488, and valued at Rs 30 lakh.
The market value of this plot has been shown as Rs 1 crore in the present affidavit. The development work on the plot is worth Rs 2,47,208, it says.
Other assets, including bank deposits, gold rings, NSCs, etc, have been valued at Rs 33,42,842.
He has fixed deposits of Rs 22,59,226 at SBI Sachivalaya branch, besides Rs 4,24,836 in savings account. In 2007, Modi had deposits of Rs 8,00,000, and Rs 55,651 in the savings account.
The Chief Minister has added two more bank accounts in the last five years: at Rajkot Nagrik Sahkari Bank (Rs 30,347), and SBI Maninagar (Rs 10,000). He has also invested Rs 20,000 in infrastructure bonds.
His income in the latest I-T return was Rs 1,50,630. He is yet to get I-T refund of Rs 54,403, and has to get back Rs 14,363 lent to someone, the affidavit states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door