Gujarat Assembly Elections 2012: `Narendra Modi government gave land in Sir creek area to corporates`
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Parivartan Party leader and former Minister of state for Home, Gordhan Zadafia on Sunday alleged that Narendra Modi government had given away land near Sir Creek to private companies at a cheap rate.
"If Sir Creek is the issue of patriotism, then Modi should clarify why his government gave away 40,000 hectares of border area land near Sir Creek in Kutch," Zadafia said here.
BJP government gave away the land at "1.5 paisa per meter square" rate, he said. "BJP has given away the land at a throw-away price to Solaris and Archean Chemicals, that too in an area which is considered very sensitive from security point of view. Modi should answer why his government put national security at risk.
"Is Narendrabhai`s patriotism limited only to Election time?"
Modi recently wrote to the Prime Minister, alleging that talks were being held about hand-over of Sir creek area to Pakistan.
Zadafia also sought a clarification from the Chief Minister on the BJP MP Navjot Singh Sidhu terming GPP leader Keshubhai Patel a "traitor" at an election rally.
"Modi has, to date, not clarified why Sidhhu has not apologised....When he is seeking clarifications from Prime Minister on Sir creek issue, he is also under an obligation to clarify why there is no apology from his party to Keshubhai," Zadafia said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016