Gujarat Assembly Elections 2012: `Narendra Modi government gave land in Sir creek area to corporates`
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Parivartan Party leader and former Minister of state for Home, Gordhan Zadafia on Sunday alleged that Narendra Modi government had given away land near Sir Creek to private companies at a cheap rate.
"If Sir Creek is the issue of patriotism, then Modi should clarify why his government gave away 40,000 hectares of border area land near Sir Creek in Kutch," Zadafia said here.
BJP government gave away the land at "1.5 paisa per meter square" rate, he said. "BJP has given away the land at a throw-away price to Solaris and Archean Chemicals, that too in an area which is considered very sensitive from security point of view. Modi should answer why his government put national security at risk.
"Is Narendrabhai`s patriotism limited only to Election time?"
Modi recently wrote to the Prime Minister, alleging that talks were being held about hand-over of Sir creek area to Pakistan.
Zadafia also sought a clarification from the Chief Minister on the BJP MP Navjot Singh Sidhu terming GPP leader Keshubhai Patel a "traitor" at an election rally.
"Modi has, to date, not clarified why Sidhhu has not apologised....When he is seeking clarifications from Prime Minister on Sir creek issue, he is also under an obligation to clarify why there is no apology from his party to Keshubhai," Zadafia said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`