Gujarat Assembly Elections 2012: `Narendra Modi government gave land in Sir creek area to corporates`
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Parivartan Party leader and former Minister of state for Home, Gordhan Zadafia on Sunday alleged that Narendra Modi government had given away land near Sir Creek to private companies at a cheap rate.
"If Sir Creek is the issue of patriotism, then Modi should clarify why his government gave away 40,000 hectares of border area land near Sir Creek in Kutch," Zadafia said here.
BJP government gave away the land at "1.5 paisa per meter square" rate, he said. "BJP has given away the land at a throw-away price to Solaris and Archean Chemicals, that too in an area which is considered very sensitive from security point of view. Modi should answer why his government put national security at risk.
"Is Narendrabhai`s patriotism limited only to Election time?"
Modi recently wrote to the Prime Minister, alleging that talks were being held about hand-over of Sir creek area to Pakistan.
Zadafia also sought a clarification from the Chief Minister on the BJP MP Navjot Singh Sidhu terming GPP leader Keshubhai Patel a "traitor" at an election rally.
"Modi has, to date, not clarified why Sidhhu has not apologised....When he is seeking clarifications from Prime Minister on Sir creek issue, he is also under an obligation to clarify why there is no apology from his party to Keshubhai," Zadafia said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview