Gujarat Assemby Elections 2012: Narendra Modi`s dig at Sonia Gandhi
Rajkot/Surat: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday had a dig at Congress President Sonia Gandhi alleging the "misrule" of the party led by her will script its "worst-ever" drubbing at the hands of BJP in coming assembly elections.
Embarking on the final leg of his poll campaign after paying obeisance at the famous Somnath temple at Veraval, the BJP stalwart said Congress` own acts "will be its undoing in the polls".
"Madam Sonia, change your disha (direction) as Congress will never reach Gandhinagar. Gujarat`s disha is Sardar Patel`s disha," Modi said referring to Congress` advertisement campaign based on the theme `Disha Badlo, Dasha Badlo (Change the direction, change the situation).
Modi launched a bare-knuckle attack on Congress at six rallies he addressed today.
"They (Congress) will face their worst-ever defeat in Gujarat. The entire country is being crushed under the sins committed by the central government. The country is facing many problems due to them," he said.
Modi said the "deep-rooted corruption" coupled with Congress` "neglect" of the common man will make it bite the dust in the state where polls will be held in two phases on December 13 and 17.
"Congress` misrule, corruption, inflation, and neglect of the common man will result in thumping victory (for BJP) in the state," Modi told reporters after emerging from the historic temple.
Later, addressing public meetings in Saurashtra region and at Surat in South Gujarat, the chief minister said "this election is not about who will be your MLA. It`s to decide who will guarantee our youngsters a better future".
Continuing his diatribe against Congress, Modi charged the ruling party at Centre was "expert at cheating".
"Congress makes announcements behind the curtains. We do not want this behind-the-curtain cheating", he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- UEFA Champions League 2016-17 draw; Player of the Year award ceremony — As it happened...
- Kannada actress Ramya attacked with eggs in Mangaluru over 'pro-Pak remarks'
- AFC Ajax keeper Jasper Cillessen joins Barcelona
- Nashik farmer gets 5 paise per kg for onions!
- China faces 1-year ban from weightlifting over doping