Gujarat CM named `FDI Asian Personality of the Year`
Gandhinagar: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra
Modi has been named as winner of the `FDI Asian Personality of
the Year` awards by the FDI Magazine of the Financial Times
The award recognises the political and business leaders
around the globe, who have been proactive, dynamic and
innovative in securing foreign investment and improving the
business environment of their jurisdiction, an official
statement today said.
According to the statement, Gujarat had last year
attracted USD 2.8 billion in Foreign Direct Investment (FDI)
which is 10.3 per cent of total FDI in the country.
This is 57 per cent more than previous year`s figures, it
The statement said that Gujarat has seen economic growth
of about 10 per cent year-in, year-out, the fastest growth
rate of any state in India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered