Gujarat CM Narendra Modi fit to be Prime Minister: Sushma Swaraj
Gandhinagar: Senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Sushma Swaraj has praised Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as she said, “Modi is fit to be the next Prime Minister.”
“Narendra Modi has done great work in Gujarat. He is capable of becoming the prime minister of the country... He is fit for it.” Sushma Swaraj added while responding to a query of the reporters at the airport.
The senior BJP leader arrived here for campaigning for BJP candidates in Gujarat Assembly Elections on Narendra Modi’s invitation. She will address two rallies of which one will be in Vadodara while another at Dabhoi town.
She also said that "Congress will be defeated in the parliamentary election scheduled to be held in 2014".
Swaraj was accompanied by senior BJP leader LK Advani and Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi.
LK Advani will campaign in Gujarat over the next two days.
The Bihar Deputy CM will campaign for BJP candidates in Anjar and Gandhidham Assembly constituencies in Kutch district.
While Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi will take a tour of six places in Saurashtra and southern Gujarat.
The Assembly Elections in Gujarat would be held in two phases -- December 13 and 17. The results will be declared on December 20.
Modi starts final leg of campaign from Somnath
Narendra Modi on Saturday launched the final leg of his campaign for the Gujarat Assembly elections after offering prayers at the famous Somnath temple at Veraval.
"They (Congress) will face the worst defeat in Gujarat. The entire country is being crushed under the sins committed by the central government," Modi said outside the temple.
"Congress` misrule, corruption, inflation and neglect of the common man will result in a thumping victory (for the BJP)," he claimed.
Later, addressing a rally in the town, Modi alleged, "Congress has no concern about the development, it believes only in divide and rule policy.
"In the last general election, of 2009, Congress had promised to reduce inflation in 100 days, but it has failed to do so even after more than three years."
Gujaratis had "buried" Congress` vote bank politics and embraced BJP`s development politics, he said.
Referring to Congress allegation that the Modi government had allotted pasture lands for industrial use, he said, "In my eleven years as CM, only four per cent of grazing land has been given for industrial purpose, while Congress, between 1980 to 1985, allotted 93 per cent of the grazing land for industrial purpose in South Gujarat."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof