Gujarat CM Narendra Modi fit to be Prime Minister: Sushma Swaraj
Gandhinagar: Senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Sushma Swaraj has praised Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as she said, “Modi is fit to be the next Prime Minister.”
“Narendra Modi has done great work in Gujarat. He is capable of becoming the prime minister of the country... He is fit for it.” Sushma Swaraj added while responding to a query of the reporters at the airport.
The senior BJP leader arrived here for campaigning for BJP candidates in Gujarat Assembly Elections on Narendra Modi’s invitation. She will address two rallies of which one will be in Vadodara while another at Dabhoi town.
She also said that "Congress will be defeated in the parliamentary election scheduled to be held in 2014".
Swaraj was accompanied by senior BJP leader LK Advani and Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi.
LK Advani will campaign in Gujarat over the next two days.
The Bihar Deputy CM will campaign for BJP candidates in Anjar and Gandhidham Assembly constituencies in Kutch district.
While Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi will take a tour of six places in Saurashtra and southern Gujarat.
The Assembly Elections in Gujarat would be held in two phases -- December 13 and 17. The results will be declared on December 20.
Modi starts final leg of campaign from Somnath
Narendra Modi on Saturday launched the final leg of his campaign for the Gujarat Assembly elections after offering prayers at the famous Somnath temple at Veraval.
"They (Congress) will face the worst defeat in Gujarat. The entire country is being crushed under the sins committed by the central government," Modi said outside the temple.
"Congress` misrule, corruption, inflation and neglect of the common man will result in a thumping victory (for the BJP)," he claimed.
Later, addressing a rally in the town, Modi alleged, "Congress has no concern about the development, it believes only in divide and rule policy.
"In the last general election, of 2009, Congress had promised to reduce inflation in 100 days, but it has failed to do so even after more than three years."
Gujaratis had "buried" Congress` vote bank politics and embraced BJP`s development politics, he said.
Referring to Congress allegation that the Modi government had allotted pasture lands for industrial use, he said, "In my eleven years as CM, only four per cent of grazing land has been given for industrial purpose, while Congress, between 1980 to 1985, allotted 93 per cent of the grazing land for industrial purpose in South Gujarat."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA