Gujarat Congress leader joins BJP; gets ticket
Ahmedabad: Former Gujarat Congress vice-president Girish Parmar today resigned from his party and joined BJP, which immediately rewarded him by giving ticket from Danilimbda Assembly constituency.
Parmar resigned from the post after his name did not figure in Congress` first list of candidates for the next month`s Assembly polls.
The Congress has fielded Shailesh Parmar from the Danilimbda (SC) seat which falls under Ahmedabad district.
Parmar, a vocal supporter of Dalit rights, said, "to empower Dalit community, it is necessary to capture power. I have joined BJP as Congress is not interested in real empowerment of the community."
Parmar this morning also resigned from the primary membership of Congress and joined the ruling party in the evening. His name figures in the BJP`s third list of candidates declared tonight.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof