Gujarat Congress leader joins BJP; gets ticket
Ahmedabad: Former Gujarat Congress vice-president Girish Parmar today resigned from his party and joined BJP, which immediately rewarded him by giving ticket from Danilimbda Assembly constituency.
Parmar resigned from the post after his name did not figure in Congress` first list of candidates for the next month`s Assembly polls.
The Congress has fielded Shailesh Parmar from the Danilimbda (SC) seat which falls under Ahmedabad district.
Parmar, a vocal supporter of Dalit rights, said, "to empower Dalit community, it is necessary to capture power. I have joined BJP as Congress is not interested in real empowerment of the community."
Parmar this morning also resigned from the primary membership of Congress and joined the ruling party in the evening. His name figures in the BJP`s third list of candidates declared tonight.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister