Gujarat DFS assisting in Pune blast probe
Ahmedabad: A team from the Directorate of
Forensic Science (DFS), Gandhinagar, is assisting the National
Investigation Agency (NIA) in the Pune blast probe, DFS
sources said today.
Sources said a three-member team led by Assistant
director M S Dahiya visited Pune at NIA`s request to assist in
The team examined the blast site and collected samples
which would be analysed at the DFS laboratory here to
ascertain the type of explosives used in the blast.
DFS sources said the final report would be sent to NIA
as soon as possible.
Nine people were killed and nearly 60 others injured
in the blast triggered by suspected Lashkar-e-Taiba and Indian
Mujahideen operatives at the German bakery in Koregaon Park
area in Pune on Saturday evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days