Gujarat DFS assisting in Pune blast probe
Ahmedabad: A team from the Directorate of
Forensic Science (DFS), Gandhinagar, is assisting the National
Investigation Agency (NIA) in the Pune blast probe, DFS
sources said today.
Sources said a three-member team led by Assistant
director M S Dahiya visited Pune at NIA`s request to assist in
The team examined the blast site and collected samples
which would be analysed at the DFS laboratory here to
ascertain the type of explosives used in the blast.
DFS sources said the final report would be sent to NIA
as soon as possible.
Nine people were killed and nearly 60 others injured
in the blast triggered by suspected Lashkar-e-Taiba and Indian
Mujahideen operatives at the German bakery in Koregaon Park
area in Pune on Saturday evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!