Gujarat DFS assisting in Pune blast probe
Ahmedabad: A team from the Directorate of
Forensic Science (DFS), Gandhinagar, is assisting the National
Investigation Agency (NIA) in the Pune blast probe, DFS
sources said today.
Sources said a three-member team led by Assistant
director M S Dahiya visited Pune at NIA`s request to assist in
The team examined the blast site and collected samples
which would be analysed at the DFS laboratory here to
ascertain the type of explosives used in the blast.
DFS sources said the final report would be sent to NIA
as soon as possible.
Nine people were killed and nearly 60 others injured
in the blast triggered by suspected Lashkar-e-Taiba and Indian
Mujahideen operatives at the German bakery in Koregaon Park
area in Pune on Saturday evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday