Gujarat election results 2012: Narendra Modi baiters bite the dust
Ahmedabad: As Narendra Modi stamped his authority over Gujarat on Thursday with a third consecutive win in the Assembly Elections, those opposing his impending prime ministerial bid now have foot in their mouth.
The BJP appeared set to return to power with a landslide – over 120 of the total 182 seats.
If this turns out to be the final result, then the BJP would have even bettered its 2007 tally.
Prior to the counting day, many within the BJP had said that only a better tally than 2007 elections would add strength to Modi’s PM bid. They had stressed that even if Modi wins but the victory margin is lower than the last time, his bid would then suffer a setback.
However, Modi has silenced all his critics. Even though many BJP leaders have sought to describe the Gujarat win as a modest one and a collective victory, including Rajiv Pratap Rudy, none can dispute the fact that if not for Modi, the win would not have been a landslide.
And there are many within the BJP who have openly endorsed Modi for PM, including Smriti Irani.
From today onwards, it would be difficult for the top BJP leadership to ignore Modi’s candidature for the PM’s post any further.
Also, in Gujarat, all his baiters, including Keshubhai Patel, IPS officer Sanjiv Bhatt’s wife Shweta Bhatt, Arjun Modhwadia and Dr Kanubhai Kalsaria, have in some way or the other bitten dust.
While former BJP leader and state CM Keshubhai Patel’s GPP has managed to win only two seats, state Congress chief Modhwadia has lost election. Shweta Bhatt, who fought election on a Congress ticket, and BJP rebel Dr Kanubhai Kalsaria too have met the same fate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BCCI announces Team India squad for Bangladesh tour
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?