Gujarat election results 2012: Narendra Modi baiters bite the dust
Ahmedabad: As Narendra Modi stamped his authority over Gujarat on Thursday with a third consecutive win in the Assembly Elections, those opposing his impending prime ministerial bid now have foot in their mouth.
The BJP appeared set to return to power with a landslide – over 120 of the total 182 seats.
If this turns out to be the final result, then the BJP would have even bettered its 2007 tally.
Prior to the counting day, many within the BJP had said that only a better tally than 2007 elections would add strength to Modi’s PM bid. They had stressed that even if Modi wins but the victory margin is lower than the last time, his bid would then suffer a setback.
However, Modi has silenced all his critics. Even though many BJP leaders have sought to describe the Gujarat win as a modest one and a collective victory, including Rajiv Pratap Rudy, none can dispute the fact that if not for Modi, the win would not have been a landslide.
And there are many within the BJP who have openly endorsed Modi for PM, including Smriti Irani.
From today onwards, it would be difficult for the top BJP leadership to ignore Modi’s candidature for the PM’s post any further.
Also, in Gujarat, all his baiters, including Keshubhai Patel, IPS officer Sanjiv Bhatt’s wife Shweta Bhatt, Arjun Modhwadia and Dr Kanubhai Kalsaria, have in some way or the other bitten dust.
While former BJP leader and state CM Keshubhai Patel’s GPP has managed to win only two seats, state Congress chief Modhwadia has lost election. Shweta Bhatt, who fought election on a Congress ticket, and BJP rebel Dr Kanubhai Kalsaria too have met the same fate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj