Gujarat Elections 2012: Six BJP members suspended for violation
Vadodara: BJP on Wednesday suspended six members for defying the party line to contest Assembly elections in the district.
Ketan Inamdar, Ghanshyam Patel, Magalsinh Gohil, Piyush Patel, Vrajesinh Rathwa and Shankersinh Rathwa were suspended from the primary membership of the party for violation of party norms, said district party incharge Bharat Pandya.
The members did not withdraw their nomination papers even though the party leadership asked them to do so, he said, adding they are now contesting as independent candidates from Savli, Waghodiya, Dabhoi, Pavijetpur and Chhota Udepur Assembly seats going to polls on December 13. The second phase of voting is slated for December 17.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video