Gujarat Elections 2012: Six BJP members suspended for violation
Vadodara: BJP on Wednesday suspended six members for defying the party line to contest Assembly elections in the district.
Ketan Inamdar, Ghanshyam Patel, Magalsinh Gohil, Piyush Patel, Vrajesinh Rathwa and Shankersinh Rathwa were suspended from the primary membership of the party for violation of party norms, said district party incharge Bharat Pandya.
The members did not withdraw their nomination papers even though the party leadership asked them to do so, he said, adding they are now contesting as independent candidates from Savli, Waghodiya, Dabhoi, Pavijetpur and Chhota Udepur Assembly seats going to polls on December 13. The second phase of voting is slated for December 17.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Solapur Municipal Corporation, Congress bastion, wrested by BJP