Gujarat Elections 2012: Six BJP members suspended for violation
Vadodara: BJP on Wednesday suspended six members for defying the party line to contest Assembly elections in the district.
Ketan Inamdar, Ghanshyam Patel, Magalsinh Gohil, Piyush Patel, Vrajesinh Rathwa and Shankersinh Rathwa were suspended from the primary membership of the party for violation of party norms, said district party incharge Bharat Pandya.
The members did not withdraw their nomination papers even though the party leadership asked them to do so, he said, adding they are now contesting as independent candidates from Savli, Waghodiya, Dabhoi, Pavijetpur and Chhota Udepur Assembly seats going to polls on December 13. The second phase of voting is slated for December 17.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!