Gujarat Elections 2012: Six BJP members suspended for violation
Vadodara: BJP on Wednesday suspended six members for defying the party line to contest Assembly elections in the district.
Ketan Inamdar, Ghanshyam Patel, Magalsinh Gohil, Piyush Patel, Vrajesinh Rathwa and Shankersinh Rathwa were suspended from the primary membership of the party for violation of party norms, said district party incharge Bharat Pandya.
The members did not withdraw their nomination papers even though the party leadership asked them to do so, he said, adding they are now contesting as independent candidates from Savli, Waghodiya, Dabhoi, Pavijetpur and Chhota Udepur Assembly seats going to polls on December 13. The second phase of voting is slated for December 17.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued