Gujarat Elections 2012: Six BJP members suspended for violation
Vadodara: BJP on Wednesday suspended six members for defying the party line to contest Assembly elections in the district.
Ketan Inamdar, Ghanshyam Patel, Magalsinh Gohil, Piyush Patel, Vrajesinh Rathwa and Shankersinh Rathwa were suspended from the primary membership of the party for violation of party norms, said district party incharge Bharat Pandya.
The members did not withdraw their nomination papers even though the party leadership asked them to do so, he said, adding they are now contesting as independent candidates from Savli, Waghodiya, Dabhoi, Pavijetpur and Chhota Udepur Assembly seats going to polls on December 13. The second phase of voting is slated for December 17.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj