Gujarat elections: 69 to 80% turnout in repolling
Ahmedabad: About 69 to 80 percent voting was recorded at the three polling booths in as many assembly constituencies where repolling was held on Sunday, officials said.
While the polling booth at Kotda in Jamjodhpur assembly seat registered 80 percent voter turnout, the one at Kamlej-III in Bhavnagar rural assembly constituency recorded 78 percent voting and Katargam in Surat North assembly seat reported 69 percent, additional chief electoral officer Ashok Manek told a news agency.
The Election Commission had ordered repolling at these three booths as electronic voting machines used during the first phase of election on December 13 had encountered technical malfunction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan