Gujarat police on alert after threat to Modi
Ahmedabad, Dec 23: Gujarat police has been put on high alert following a communication from the Centre of a threat to Chief Minister Narendra Modi's life from terror outfits, including a possible suicide attack.
Modi, who is accorded Z-plus security, is also protected by Gujarat police's commando force.
The state police was alerted by the Intelligence Bureau (IB) last week about the possibility of attack on Modi, following which the security cover for the BJP leader was enhanced during the campaigning.
"Besides threat from the terror outfits like Lashkar-e-Toiba, the state police have been alerted about a suicide bomb threat from a woman riot victim," a senior police official said.
"The woman had gone to Bangladesh and from there to another country to receive training. We have received an alert and necessary steps have been taken," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj